Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Money, A Room, and Fiction



Virginia Woolf said, "A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction." I have neither. What I do have is two articles in the August issue of the Ruby for Women Ezine. Yes, I am excited about this.

You see, I was born way back in 1952 to an abused mother, and a father who excessively indulged in alcohol thereby multiplying his angry and mean nature. My maternal grandfather lived with us as well, and he was also fond of the 'devil's brew'. There was a lot of abuse in my family while I was growing up, some of it done to me.

I know, I know, there are those who say "get over it!" But that is something I will never get over. Thank God! It gave me strength to deal with more heartbreaking adversity and made me who I am. I struggled and dragged myself through some pretty tough territory to get to greener pastures. The kind my Lord "maketh me to lie down" in right next to the "still waters."   

In my early years I was too busy surviving life to write about it. After I married and my first daughter suffered a birth injury at the hands of the Obstetrician, I did even more surviving. If you've read some of my past blogs you have an idea of what I'm talking about. But these days I survive less and live more. I find a few free moments to jot down my thoughts here at "The Best..." and I thoroughly enjoy doing so.  

More often than not I stumble along, some days staring at a blank computer screen and other days thinking, "can I write that?" Then I remind myself, 'it's my bloggy and I'll write what I want to, write what I want to!'

I love my blog, I love to write, and I am still learning to love my life. Now, if I just had money and a room of my own I might write fiction :)

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a walk with me. Please feel free to leave your footprints.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...