Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

No Reason to Jump for Joy


The passing of my Arabian horse, Shafi Halim is heartbreaking for me. He was a part of my life for over twenty years. Neither words nor pics can describe the amazing horse he was or the joy he brought to my life and the sorrow I now feel.

And God took a handful of South wind
and from it formed a horse, saying:
"I create thee, Oh Arabian.
To thy forelock, I bind Victory in battle.
On thy back, I set a rich spoil
And a Treasure in thy loins.
I establish thee
as one of the Glories of the Earth...
I give thee flight without wings."
~~Ancient Bedouin Legend


His is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream.
~~Author Unknown



All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
~~Author Unknown



Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it.
~~Author Unknown

 
To many the words love, hope and dreams are synonymous with horses.
~~Author Unknown

 
In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart.
~~Author Unknown


You took me to adventure and to love. We two have shared great joy and great sorrow. And now I stand at the gate of the paddock watching you run in an ecstasy of freedom, knowing you will return to stand quietly, loyally, beside me.
~~Pam Brown

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss, Carol. So thankful for the joy God brought into your life with Shafi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a walk with me. Please feel free to leave your footprints.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...