Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Regarding Henry

"When you've had enough Mr. Turner you say 'when'.
 
I'm saying 'when' to something that was started to bring people together, to connect us to each other has sunk to a level of degradation. What started out as a friendly vein of filaments is becoming nothing more than an unfriendly, heartless hub to the desensitized society of the social network. How easy it has become to blatantly comment on a screen, that inanimate object, without heart or soul. How quickly we have become a network comprised of many who forget or chose to ignore that they are connected to their fellow man, a living, breathing human being.
 
It's sad days as I've tuned in to my social network page and seen things that are hurtful and insulting, things that are degrading, things that make me mad but also things that lower the dignity and offend my family and friends.  Certainly, I am not a perfect person, and I've never claimed to be one. But, just as certainly, I am not a mean person. It's not kind to say whatever you want and never take into account the other person's feelings. It doesn't make anyone bigger to make someone else smaller. It's bullying to beat someone down with a gavel of rude and malicious gaggle.

I love people and I have many colorful friends from all walks of life. They include left wing,  right wing, richer, poorer, gay, straight, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslims, and Jews. I have friends that straddle the fence. And that's okay because sometimes I'm on that fence with them and the view from there often takes in a farther reaching perspective. 

But I'm saying 'when' to the ceaseless political rants, the degrading memes, the ugly, malicious insults, and to those who have nailed someone to the cross for their own agenda or because someone holds a different point of view. Honestly, I don't know where they find the time. I am too busy muddling through the pain and adversity of my own life, and beating down the stress and uncertainty of tomorrow to waste my precious free moments on divesting the individuality of others.

I have no power over any one individual to sway or shame them into being kind and considerate of their fellow man. But I can be true to my God and myself. I can say 'when' to what is not love!  I can continue to follow Jesus Christ, to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind and to love my neighbor as myself.  

My life will continue to be open to those who desire my friendship. I will pursue love, kindness and equality for humanity. I will take care of what is mine and share as much as I can. I will be thankful for God's green earth and all that is in it. I will enjoy the talents and gifts He has given me and I will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a walk with me. Please feel free to leave your footprints.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...