Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Happy New Year!

This past Christmas 2020 was not a merry one. I can't say it was my most sorrowful, but it was less than sweet.  

Like many other families, the Covid virus interrupted our holiday gathering and essentially put an end to our traditional home for Christmas. And, I am still saddened and perplexed about an incident that took place a few days before.

But there were also some twinkles in our Noel. My youngest daughter and her family took us to see the Carnival of Lights at Jellystone Park. We returned home and reviewed the highlights of our outing. The ocean scene was a favorite with jumping dolphins and a waterfall all done in blue lights. But, the one that gave us the most laughs was when Jeremy accidentally lost sight of the road and nearly drove us into an empty field. 😂 Fun times!

Christmas Eve was the usual celebration at third daughter's house. This year being a bit different because we all brought our gifts there instead of "home". And in jest maintaining that the party was indeed due to second daughter's Christmas Eve birthday.

On Christmas day hubby and I still feasted on our time honored Christmas dinner. Later in the day we enjoyed more time with youngest daughter at her house playing games. She came up with a cute idea to wrap up some new games as well as some old favorites. Then, whichever one our granddaughter unwrapped, we would play one round of that game. It was an enjoyable time with lots of laughs.

But now, Christmas is behind me and the new year looms before me.

This New Year like so many before has come to mean a new beginning, a fresh challenge and especially hope. Hope, that feeling of expectation and desire for some achievement or aspiration; a light at the end of the dark and dreary tunnel. 

I too, am hopeful. I'm hopeful that the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine does it's job and the end of Covid-19 is near. And hopeful that my family, my husband and I continue to be blessed with good health. Hopeful that bitterness is put to rest and love conquers.

So, I go forward in this new year hoisting the banner of hope. I anticipate it flying above me. But not beyond my reach so that I can grasp it and wrap myself in it's warm embrace whenever I feel the intermittent heaviness of life or the raw temptation of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a walk with me. Please feel free to leave your footprints.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...