Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An Idiom of Friends

 

The honeymoon is over friends. Nineteen blogs in nineteen days is being up all night with a sick friend. 

By now, most of you are probably taking bets on if I will finish off my friends. Maybe you even have a pool for friends. 

I don't want to quit on you and be a fair-weather friend. That could give you the idea that I am just a fast friend. After all, a friend in need is a friend indeed, and I don't want to leave you wondering if I'm friend or foe.

If this is the way to make a friend, then I won't need man's best friend. I promise I won't leave you asking who's your friend, but I do have friends in high places. You should remember though, short reckonings make long friends and leave you saying, 'with friends like that who needs enemies.'

In that case, a hedge between keeps friendship green. You can then strike up a friendship with your neighbors, and if I live across from you, any friend of yours is a friend of mine. 

So, again tomorrow we will make new friends. However, old friends and old wine are the best. Still, there comes a time when even the best of friends must part...and this is it :)

Good Night Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a walk with me. Please feel free to leave your footprints.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...